I love all things Christmas. The lights, holiday drinks and treats, cheesy movies and time with family. To kick off the holiday season this year I have created a fun countdown to Christmas printable craft!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosure here.
My kids love to track the days until we celebrate the birth of Jesus. I’m a sucker for easy crafts that aren’t complicated and don’t take up too much time. This countdown to Christmas printable craft is an easy way way to build up the the excitement of the Christmas season without the stress of prepping an elaborate craft or activity!
How To Use A Countdown Christmas Tree
This craft is so simple, which puts it at the top of my list of things to do with my kids over the holiday season! You just print the Christmas tree countdown printable below and decorate it however your heart desires. Ideally you start the countdown on the first day of the month. Don’t fret, if you forget to start on December 1st you can easily catch up by coloring in the missed days! I have included some ideas on ways to use this printable below.
- Free countdown printable (at the bottom of this post)
- Markers, PomPoms or Dot Pens to decorate the tree
Fun Activities To Do With This Christmas Craft
This craft can be used so many different ways! It can be done at home or in a classroom. It can be used the entire month of December or done in just one way.
Here are some ideas on how to use the printable this Christmas season:
- Put a cotton ball or pom pom on the printable each day leading up to Christmas day. This makes a really fun final result once Christmas time is here. If you are hanging the paper up I would recommend you print the trees out on thicker paper as the pom poms or cotton balls can weigh the paper down.
- If you are hoping to do this craft year after year a great idea would be to put the printout in a picture frame (you can find inexpensive ones at the Dollar Store) and use a dry erase marker to mark off each day. You could also laminate it and allow kids to color in the circles each day. After Christmas has passed wipe off the glass or laminated sheet and you are ready to do it again next year!
- Hang the printable on your refrigerator or bedroom door with double sided tape. You can then allow your kids to color in each day with a marker or crayon. This is a simple way to engage your entire family, regardless of age. I love to hang it in a high-traffic area to serve as a frequent reminder of how soon Christmas will be here.
- You could do the countdown at school, building the excitement to Christmas break. You can send the project home with your student to complete with their family over Christmas break. This encourages family engagement with their child which is an added bonus! Just be sure to send along the necessary supplies so they can fill in the final days leading up to Christmas day!
Other Ways To Use This Printable
If you are someone who easily gets overwhelmed by doing a craft that spans over many weeks, you can absolutely modify how to use this printable.
Here are some ideas on how to use this as a single, one sitting activity:
- Have your kids color the even numbers red and odd numbers green, creating a really fun Christmas coloring sheet.
- Use pom poms or colors and call out a number for the kids to fill in. This is great practice for number recognition for preschool and early elementary students!
- Allow your kids to just color the tree in any way they would like, creating an adorable Christmas craft you can decorate with during the holiday season
Free Christmas Countdown Printable
Here is the form to receive your free printable Christmas tree Christmas countdown craft. This link will send you a free PDF file for instant download. Please feel free to use this for personal use in your home or classroom. Don’t forget to print off enough trees so that each child can decorate their own adorable countdown tree!
Looking for more Christmas ideas? Check out these posts:
- Christmas Lights Bingo With Free Printable Cards
- Build A Snowman Craft With Free Printable Template
- Tips On How To Reduce Holiday Stress For Your Kids
- 65+ Awesome Experience Gift Ideas For Kids