I love thinking of creative Valentine’s Day cards for my kids to give their friends. These tic tac toe Valentine’s Cards may be my favorite ones yet. The combination of a fun game for them to play with their friends and a sweet treat after they are done playing is a perfect duo!
I love that these Valentine cards are not too lovey-dovey, it has a sweet sentiment and is perfect for my boys to bring for their classmates. The little game is a great way to celebrate Valentine’s Day. This tic tac toe Valentine card is an inexpensive valentine idea that is sure to be a favorite this year!
- Tic Tac Toe cards (free PDF printable is at the end of this post)
- White cardstock or printer paper
- Cellophane bags (or other clear plastic bags)
- Twine or ribbon
- M&Ms (or other game pieces such as tic tacs, X&O bag of pretzels, sweet tarts or other favorite candies)
How To Assemble
- Print off the tic tac toe Valentine card printable at the bottom of this post
- Cut out the tic tac toe game boards with a paper cutter or scissors
- Put the tic tac toe boards in the clear bags and include the game pieces of your choice. We decided to use the Valentine’s Day color M&Ms for this. If you want to make a fun non-candy valentine you could use small pom pom balls or other fun small trinkets.
- Tie bag with twine or other fun ribbon
- We included bag toppers so the kids could have something fun to eat while playing with their friends
How To Play Valentine Tic Tac Toe
This is such a fun game and perfect for elementary aged kids, but I have to admit even older kids and adults love this quick, simple game!
Each person needs to choose game pieces in different colors and have one game board between the 2 players. The first player puts down a game piece on one of the 6 squares on the board. You then take turns putting down your pieces until someone has 3 in a row either horizontally, diagonally or vertically. Once you have 3 in a row you say “tic tac toe!”. You can clear off the game pieces and play over and over. These cute valentines are a fun way to teach kids the simple rules of game play including taking turns and winning and losing with grace.
Free Printable Valentines Cards
Fill out the form below to receive your free tic tac toe Valentine’s cards! These free printable cards are for your personal use at home or classroom use. There are 4 tic-tac-toe boards per page and are in color, however can be printed off in black and white if needed.
I also included a large game card that would be perfect for a classroom Valentine’s Day party! Just print off on card stock so it is more durable (or laminate) and let the kids play against their classmates. If you laminate the board you could use dry-erase markers to avoid too many hands being on items that will later go into someones mouth :). This game is so much fun and so so simple, it is perfect for even the youngest of kids!
Other Fun Valentine’s Day Ideas
This Countdown To Valentine’s Day idea is one of my favorite and a fun activity to build up the excitement leading to Valentines Day
I love this Valentines day heart craft from The Resourceful Mama